Reading progress update: I've read 30%.

— feeling misdoubt
The Cage of Zeus - Sayuri Ueda

See this is why the book fails even when it talks about transgenderism. Women are always the ones "impregnated" (yes that's the way they describe women) and men as the impregnators. The author can't get the idea of there being more than two sexes and genders out of their head. Even that they can't get their head around that, not every woman has a vagina and not every man has a penis and not every person with sex bits is a woman or a man.

Like it always describes the rounds as either being more feminine or more masculine. It can't get over the fucking binary it seeks to comment about.

"When that act isn’t entirely consensual"

Uhh it's either 100% or 0%, there is no "dub con" shit in rape. Saying however that rape occurs between Rounds also indicates the authors does understand that rape is about power. If the Rounds are living the utopia they are in... I doubt it'd occur. UNLESS they were referring to the shitty ass humans. That being said... I don't think the author understands rape at all considering that they are talking about voluntary and involuntary ovulation.